1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely OT - British Children's Books

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by dancingdresses, Apr 17, 2004.

1. dancingdresses

dancingdresses Registered Guest

Completely OT - British Children\'s Books

Hi all -

Could use some help from our British Contingent! :)

A while back, over on the VCA board, some were discussing a dress, floor length, dramatic-looking. Possibly chiffon sleeves and shoulder scarf . . . and someone remarked that it looked like something "Aunt Cloris? . . . Clovis? . . .Clotilde? . . . ???" would wear.

They were referring to a British children's book about a family (the Brakewaite's . . . . Braith . . .??? I truly can't remember!). One of the characters - the Aunt - was evidently quite a character . . . artsy? interesting? unpredictable?

It sounded like a good option for my two nieces, but since I can't remember the name of the family, the books or the author, it's a bit difficult to begin a search. :D

Can anyone help with this?
    C

2. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

You might try asking this question on the Book Readers or Book Sellers board at ebay.

Sue

3. dancingdresses

dancingdresses Registered Guest

Thanks, Sue -

I figured I'd try here, first, since a few of the people who were in on the original discussion (emmapeelpants, for instance . . . possibly crinolinegirl? ) also read here.

If no luck in a few days, I'll ask over there. :)
    C