1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convention in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Tessa, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Tessa

Tessa Registered Guest

A few months ago I think that I came across on the Internet an organization devoted to historical clothing that was having its annual convention in March 2015 in San Antonio. But now I do not remember what the organization was and can find no reference to it. Does anyone know what organization I am referring to?

2. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

This? --> 2015 annual meeting of the Costume Society of America (to be held in San Antonio from May 27-30, 2015)

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  3. Tessa

Tessa Registered Guest

Yes, that's it! Thank you so much.

cotmyey likes this.
  4. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

5. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Nice. Does this come with opportunity to purchase vintage clothing at the meeting?
    Thanks.
    Open to the public with seminars to learn more about vintage clothing?
    Thanks. Sandy

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

There is usually a marketplace, but it is mainly books. Several years ago I bought some very nice 1918-1920 sewing pattern magazines. There is also a silent auction which is also mainly books, but there are always a few vintage clothing pieces.

The seminars are open to non-members, but there is a charge. The program has not yet been announced. http://costumesocietyamerica.com/natsym.htm