1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crocodile or Alligator handbag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pauline, Jan 14, 2017.

1. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

I bought this as a Crocodile skin handbag Cir 1950 made in London by Riviera.
    All I know at the present time is
    " Riviera was founded by 'Solly' Reichenberg, who came to London as a refugee during WWII. He had once owned a Company in France hence the name of his new Company in England.
    Apparently his Company was in the top three of British Handbag manufacturing."

Then I have been thiking it could be an Alligator can anyone confirm either way which it is
    Thank you
    Pauline.

Attached Files:

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi Pauline, I hope you're doing well. Those scales look quite large and regular in pattern to be alligator. Would it be possible for you to show any other photos, like a straight on shot of the front and back as well as a close up of a few of the scales?

4. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Hi Caryn , I will do some more photos in daylight.

peaceful vintage likes this.
  5. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Here a photo of the front and the back and a close up , that scale is the biggest one and 1 1/2" high.
    Thank you
    Pauline.

Attached Files:

6. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Thank you for waiting Pauline. It is indeed alligator, more specifically, underneath the alligator's head, a bit of the side, and part of the alligator's belly.

7. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you so much Caryn, That's really clever how you know what they used. amd really nice to know.