1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating child's sweater?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by lindapoirier, Mar 27, 2017.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2020
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Linda, Can you give us a close up of the actual label.

What an interesting design!

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Looking at Newspaper Archive the majority of ads for Peter Freund sweaters are late 50's, early 60's. They all seem to be sweaters for women.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

In a different database I found a broader scope than Amanda's finds. I saw references to Peter Freund sweaters from ca. 1917 to 1976 and ads that touted "Sweaters for the whole family."

So, are those oil rigs?

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It's unusual, that's for sure. I saw an oil rig on first glance but wondered about what was on the sides too. It looks older to me though as in 50s, that's why I wanted a closer look at the label. It certainly is nifty and a great addition to your collection.

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

This might be a crazy guess, but could it possibly be Grauman's Chinese Theater in LA? On opening night of a film, with moving spotlights and the cityscape or Hollywood Blvd. silhouetted underneath?

7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

omg... could it be the Tokyo Tower?!! TaroTokyo20110213-TokyoTower-01.jpg