1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating skirt & pattern

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aimee, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

can't quite put a finger on this piece. seems to be handmade, zipper is metal. it's what seems to be a prarie skirt, with some lace around the bottom. fabric is made by m. lowenstein & sons. i'd love to know when the skirt was made / when the fabric was made.
    any help would be appreciated!

_MG_8438.JPG _MG_8443.JPG
    _MG_8446.JPG

2. Hi Aimee, I can't see the detail well enough to date but it would be helpful if you could provide a little more information - a photo of the whole skirt, the waist and hip measurements, what sort of zipper is it (look like metal? Or is it nylon with metal pull?) and the waist to hem length.

For what it's worth, I generally associate that crochet and ribbon (it looks like ribbon) trim with mid to late '70s.

3. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

It's a fully metal zipper, I've attached some photos & measurements. Thank you for all your help!

waist: 12"
    length: 28"
    hips: approx. 20"

il_570xN.1156490716_ncii.jpg

il_570xN.1156490726_615j.jpg il_570xN.1156490718_7now.jpg
    il_570xN.1203100741_rk6r.jpg

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Lowenstein & Sons has been around for a long time but that fabric is late1960s, I believe.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I see more of a 60s pattern when I look at this. It makes me think of old Jonathan Logan or Ship & Shore prints that I used to see in 1960s Seventeen magazines.

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I see that too!