1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating this child's dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by acceber, Mar 2, 2017.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I just found this in a vintage shop and was hoping for some input on it. It's sewn by machine and needs some repair in places.

Attached Files:

2. acceber

acceber VFG Member

image.jpg I gave it a very gentle bath, laid it out on a towel and dried it carefully with my hair dryer on low. It's reminding me very much of that wedding gown I posted. Same gauzy material, same yellowing, only that dress was hand sewn. I think it would fit a 3-4 year old so I'm guessing it's too big to be a christening gown.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

It appears it may be an under dress, not a dress, and was worn underneath a garment. Hard to say how old it is, but looks 1900-1910. That is just a guess on my part.

4. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thank you. I appreciate your response. I feel like you are probably right. Maybe some kind of tunic dress went over it, where the princess sleeves were visible or something like that.