1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dresses Wanted - Howard Norm by Fazzi - California

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Vincent Fazzi, May 8, 2012.

1. Vincent Fazzi

Vincent Fazzi Registered Guest

Hi, Thanks for reading. I'm looking for dresses designed by my grandmother, Norma Fazzi, in the 1950s. She is 82 years old now and doesn't have a single dress that she created. I'd like to collect as many as possible and put on a "fashion show" for her birthday next year. The tag will read "A Howard Norm Original by Fazzi - California" If anyone has or comes across any Fazzi dresses I would I would be extremely grateful if you contacted me. Thank you so very much
    - Vincent Fazzi

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is so sweet, I do hope some owners of Fazzi dresses find this and can help you out!

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

What a lovely idea. This really caught my imagination so I had to try and help.

I found one on eBay in australia, eBay number 320899369790. It doesn't show a picture of the label but gives the brand as Howard Norm Original by Fazzi California.

I found it by doing an advances search, searching "title and description" on Howard Norm Fazzi. If you do that, and then set up email alerts, you should see any that come up - you need to search description as sellers often put the label details in their text, but not in the title, with less well known designers. Also set preferred location to Worldwide.

4. Villa

Villa Registered Guest

Oh, what a lovely idea! I'll keep an eye out.

5. beaded-fish

beaded-fish Registered Guest

I will be listing " a Howard Norm Original by Fazzi " this Saturday on eBay September 29th at 11:00 am. Fabulous dress right out of the fifties. It also has the tag in question. Thank you .....Connie

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

When did that label exist - do you have dates of when it started and ended, and when your grandmother was the designer? Any info would be appreciated for our label resource.

7. Vincent Fazzi

Thanks for the heads up. As far as the exact dates, Grandma is the only one who would know. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get them without letting her know what I'm up to. ; )

8. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

What a fabulous, thoughtful surprise. She'll be thrilled. I'll be on the look out for you!

9. Vincent Fazzi

Hi again I've discovered another label under which my grandmother designed. Please let me know if you come across any dresses labeled:

Robert Link by Fazzi - California

Thanks for reading!!

10. Vincent Fazzi

She told me she started her first label in 1952. I'm not sure exactly how long it lasted

11. missmucho

missmucho Registered Guest

I'm selling this dress.
    LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN. Please read forum rules before posting

12. Vincent Fazzi

Still looking for any Fazzi originals. Hoping this thread will get a bump if I add a new comment. I wanted to add a photo of the Robert Link label in case anyone comes across one. Please keep looking folks. I just know these dresses are out there.
    DSCN8113.JPG

13. poppysvintageclothing

It's been bumped up, thanks for the new label photo!

14. Vincent Fazzi

Hi Folks, Shameless bump… I'm still searching for my grandmother's dresses. I've found a few and given them to her as gifts. You can't imagine the look in her eyes and the tingle in my spine as she traces the seams with her fingers. It's as if every stitch and sequin comes back to her after 60 years. Please keep an eye out for me. Anything labeled "Howard Norm by Fazzi" or "Robert Link by Fazzi" I will pay top dollar for. Thank you so much.

15. poppysvintageclothing

That is so touching! So glad to hear you are finding some!

16. Micheline Pitt

Micheline Pitt Registered Guest

Hi Vincent,
    I own one of your grandmothers dresses.

Edited by Admin..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  17. Micheline Pitt

Micheline Pitt Registered Guest

Here are some photos!

Attached Files:

18. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

What a fun dress, almost Mardi Gras!

cmpollack likes this.
  19. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

what a wonderful thing you've done for your grandmother, vincent!

although i'm a native californian, i've yet to have come across any fazzi dresses, but will keep an eye out from now on. love the dress micheline posted!

cmpollack likes this.
  20. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

I found one from 1950s on Etsy. Oh mine...... $5k!

Catbooks1940s likes this.