1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Candy: GLOVES! Post Pics of Your Best Finds!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pinky-a-gogo, Oct 27, 2015.

1. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

1960s Hong Kong Lace NOS Gloves
    hklacegloves.jpg

pastperfect2 likes this.
  2. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

I'm loving ALL these gloves- I've got hundreds myself and to me they are vintage gold. Thanks so much for sharing.

Pinkcoke likes this.
  3. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

4. susanandco

susanandco Registered Guest

Luv them all!! I know I still wore gloves up to about 1969. I had some white crochet ones I liked. And I still wear gloves all winter. I have cold hands and warm heart....?? I have pink leather ones with white lacing and a nice insulated lining. They are getting dirty. I just washed them and they turned out fine. My grandmother used to wear the shear nylon gloves when she put on her nylon hose. She used to change clothes in the afternoon after doing housework and put on good hose then with the gloves to keep from snagging them.

Midge and Lady Scarletts like this.
  5. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Wowee. I may have to break out my gloves.

6. Nicole Patricia

Nicole Patricia Registered Guest

These here are three of my favorite gloves to be found! The red I bought myself for Christmas from a local consignment store where people have their own booths, called Crompton Collective. I thought they were absolutely perfect for fall and winter seasons. I wore them this past weekend to Boston for a day trip with a leopard printed fur jacket (they are so easy to match)! The leather ones were a gift a few years ago from my father, I only wear them when it is very cold out and usually with other black leather. The white, I found in a vintage glove box at Alexis Grace in Worcester. They're a little snug but they are fragile leather and have white pearls on the wrists.

Attached Files:

7. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

8. Jasmin Key

Jasmin Key Registered Guest

These French 1930s elbow length gloves with gold piped chevrons are my absolute favourite glove find. Unfortunately too small for me. I sold them to a photographer who was doing a Jean Harlow style shoot. I still miss them though!

il_570xN.569456346_7t4m.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  9. Nicole Patricia

Nicole Patricia Registered Guest

The gold detail of those are absolutely beautiful! I often have issues finding the right fit for vintage gloves as well.

Jasmin Key likes this.
  10. Lucybelle

Lucybelle Registered Guest

My current favorite pair
    2016-03-08 11.13.15.jpg

nsweezie likes this.