1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fabulous 1957 fashion/textile illustrations

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by dhall, Apr 25, 2012.

1. dhall

dhall Registered Guest

Bit of a long shot this, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas about the illustrator of this amazing 1957 calendar I bought. It is a large one, produced by a Dutch textile manufacturer (Helmondsche Textiel Maatschappij. n.v) with just four illustrations, which are SO beautiful, and not really of a style I would have associated with the Fifties. I'd really like to know who the artist is but it's impossible to make sense of the signature. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

The name looks like it might be Loete to me. I agree with you very interesting fashion illustrations!

Does this manufacturer still exist? If they do perhaps they could help you out with some information.

3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

The illustrations are really lovely. I can't read the artist's name but think it may be it's Loewe. A search turned up nothing!