FAQ: All VFG Label Resource Users:

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by fuzzylizzie, Jan 31, 2010.

1. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Trade Member

I would like to remind the old timers, and inform the newbies that we do have a term of use for the VFG Label Resource. Basically:

The author of each biography owns the copyright to the work, and the copyright is assigned to the VFG. In order to be in compliance with copyright law, you must credit all copyrighted work.

That means, do not cut and paste from the VFG Label Resource unless you give credit where credit is due.

I realize that VFG is not privy to this information, and that much of it can be found elsewhere on the net. But, we do have copyright protection on the actual writing of each bio. You are free to use the information; you are not free to copy. It's just like that high school teacher who kept yelling "No copying from the World Book!"

To read the entire terms of use:

http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource-introduction-terms-of-use/

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Trade Member

For some reason there have been more instances noted lately.

Seriously, you'd think anyone who had ever been in a school would know this is plagarism. 5 years ago when I was still teaching our kids were taught to never cut and paste and call it one's own work. And I know it was drilled into my head in school years ago to never copy verbatim someone else's words. That includes the Net, ya'll

3. Laura

Laura Registered Guest

Thank you for the reminder.

On a good note, there is a seller at a local antique mall who regularly quotes the Label Resource AND gives credit. I did a double-take the first time I passed by the booth and saw the sign! I'm really glad that the guild has such a useful resource and that many people use it and give credit for it. :)

I hope your post is enough reminder for anyone who is using the resource without giving credit.

4. Living*Doll*Vintage

Living*Doll*Vintage Registered Guest

Not to mention a fabulous way to publicize the VFG and remind folks of all the info available here~