Ginetex Garment Care Symbol Chronology

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Better Dresses Vintage, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts Trade Member

Liza, Thanks so much for info. Once again well done

2. Better Dresses Vintage

Better Dresses Vintage Trade Member

Not quite sure if it's all that helpful, but it's the best I could do and I appreciate the appreciation, LOL!

3. Midge

Midge Trade Member

I'm not sure about the triangle either... it looks to me too like it could be left out. The ratings on the chart are:
    3 = no special care needed
    2 = observe certain restrictions (you're righ Liza!)
    1= take extra care
    0= do not use
    I have no suitable vintage garment on hand that I could check right now... most of it is not commercially made, or stored away for summer.

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

It's from this knitted waistcoat: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/180...0s-wwii-style-80s-blue?ref=shop_home_active_2
    Made in Korea but I think it's a british import, a label in front of the care label was cut off so I'm missing some info.
    I'm pretty sure it's 80's from the pastel colour and mixed colour yarns, but the brand label itself is a bit more retro - I tend to see the 3D fonts on 70's labels.

5. Better Dresses Vintage

Ah yes, menswear. Unless an outfit resembles Thomas Jefferson or John Travolta a la Saturday Night Fever, I am entirely clueless, I'm afraid.

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

7. Better Dresses Vintage

Melanie, it's a long shot, but is there any chance you took a screen grab of those tags? The listing is long gone, of course, and I neglected to grab it myself. Stupid of me. Why is it that everything on the Internet is permanent except the one thing you didn't save? LOL.

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

9. Rhea Moralez

Rhea Moralez Registered Guest