1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotta have it - fur/ pile robes

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by vintage_lover, Jun 8, 2009.

1. vintage_lover

vintage_lover Registered Guest

Hi,
    I stumbled upon this site today, what a great resouce for vintage addicts like myself.
    Anyway, I thought i would take a shot and see if I can get some good leads on where I might find some of these robes. They were incredibly popular in the 70s and 80s, but when Borg went out of business in the 90s they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.
    If anyone has any they are looking to sell, or knows where I might find more, please, please please let me know.
    thanks so much!

2. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Welcome. Glad to have you.

I will definitely be on the look out for you.

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Wow, that is one (ahem) PLUSH-looking coat... (love the color, too!)

I have a "borgazia" early 70s faux fur, and I can only imagine how toasty that must be...

4. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

I had a Borg plush coat in peacock blue when I was little -- probably around 8 or 9 :D

5. Just sold my last one a few weeks ago in a deep Hunter green.

i actively seek them out, adore them and my customers know i offer them, and little zip front lounge robes, so they keep an eye on my store or send me a wish list.

i think i only have one velour left right now, a few nylon but no fluffy thick ones like yours.

and i gotta say, the shipping is getting outrageous on them. :(

yvonne

6. vintage_lover

Thanks for the replies.
    The robe in the photo is actually tagged Rhapsody by Glazier, it's without question the thickest softest robe I've ever owned. It has a gauze like lining inside so it's not at all itchy when wearing it.
    I'll never understand why no other company makes these robes. Borg robes seemed to have disapeared in the 90's (never knew what happened there), and I'm surprised no other company stepped in to fill the void they left.
    Maybe there's just no interest because they are too heavy and too warm.
    Anyone, feel free to drop me a line if you have one to sell.

7. vintage_lover

A huge THANKS to Lisa

I wanted to thank Lisa over at Hooked on Vintage for coming through for me in a major way. I had been interested in a turquoise blue robe she had for sale when she emailed me to let me know she had a lighter blue in a size large she would sell to me.
    Its everything I wanted and more. With any luck it'll be here this week, I can't wait..... Happy Birthday to me!!!!! :wub:
    Thanks so much Lisa!!!!!
    [​IMG]

8. vintage_lover

Hi - I know it's the middle of summer here in the US, and warm winter robes are probably the last thing people are stocking in their stores right now.
    But I'm still looking for leads on where I can find more..... I check members stores on a regular basis without any luck.
    I'm starting to worry that I've probably seen the last of these robes :cry:
    thanks again, I'll continue searching all of your stores, hopefully there are still more hiding out there.

9. vintage_lover

Now that the cooler weather is here, at least in Massachusetts, I thought I'd send out another desperate plea asking members if they might have any of these robes they plan on listing soon.
    I know it's a shot in the dark, but I keep hoping.
    thanks,

10. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I don't have any in stock, but I do run across them often. I should start picking some up for this season, anyway, and if I get some in, I'll let you know!

11. vintage_lover

Thanks all...... I'll continue searching your stores through the VFG search, hopefully now that the cold weather is almost here more and more of these robes will start showing up.

12. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

ive never seen one--but they sure do look nice and snuggly!

13. vintage_lover

Hi all,
    I'm still here and still looking to add to my collection of robes.
    Anyone holding on to some of these for the cooler weather should really consider listing them soon.
    While I still have a job :D

14. vintage_lover

Still looking, still hoping I can find one or five for this winter. They are becoming more and more difficult to find.

Also looking for a long oversized solid color gray (or white) Faux Fur coat (hopfully a Borg) to wrap myself in this winter
    :embaressed:

[​IMG]

15. bycin

bycin Guest

What size? I've been coming across these quite a bit and now that I know someone wants one...well, that would be great to help you out!

16. vintage_lover

Hi, I almost forgot about my post until I was googling Borg Robes and remembered my post here.
    As far as sizes, I'm good with a medium, but I prefer these robes to be oversized, so large or even extra large would be perfect (16-18).
    When Borg was making these robes a large would literally fit like a 20W, those robes were so huge I could get lost inside one :embaressed:
    I really miss those robes.

17. pamjwright

pamjwright Registered Guest

I'm a little late with this reply but I have a Borglo (Borg) robe. The body is a cream color and the lapels are a chocolate brown. Manufacturer's label states Rhaposody by Glazier. If you are still interested I could send some pictures in a couple of days.

18. vintage_lover

Hi, I'm a little late in seeing your reply, but I would love to see some photos of the robe (if you still have it). I'm always interested.
    I would send you a PM, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on this board.
    thanks