1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen my button?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Jenna87, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Jenna87

Jenna87 Registered Guest

I purchased this little 50s (I believe) number for myself despite it missing a button. Does anyone have a button similar to this? If not perhaps it may be easier to just buy a white or clear button.

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Cute dress! I would have thought that button was white originally and has yellowed with age, but you can buy similar shank buttons with inset diamantes today from a modern button shop, though the plastic surround may not be as large. So I would probably replace.

3. Jenna87

Jenna87 Registered Guest

Thanks! It probably is easier just to replace.

4. Ooh, and you can attach the original button to a bobby pin to wear with the dress, maybe! it's so cute!

5. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Cute Dress!. Personally I would try and find some vintage buttons similar, etsy would be a good place to start, and I don't think these are too hard to find :).
    If that doesn't work- yes I would look for a modern equivalent. Red buttons with a rhinestone centre would be neat as well !

EndlessAlley likes this.
  6. bargainmom10

bargainmom10 Registered Guest

Are you still searching for this button? I have TONS of old buttons and this one looks familiar, so if you are still looking for it, I will look through my stash to see if I have this particular one. I certainly do not mind helping you find it, but I don't want to look if you do not need it anymore.

If you do, feel free to answer on here, but also email me at [email protected], in case I miss your forum answer. Thanks, and I hope I have what you need if it is still a need!

7. KateMack

KateMack Registered Guest

I came across a pile of old white-off white buttons at an estate sale the other day. I plan to go back tomorrow so I will look through the buttons and see what I can come up with. Let me now if you are still of need.