1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Anyone Seen This Label Before?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Yaja09, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Yaja09

Yaja09 Registered Guest

Hi,

I bought a dress at a thrift store that looks very vintage, but I can't find any information online about the label. The dress only has this label on it. THANKS! 1422145642079.jpg 1422145764442.jpg

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I deleted the 2nd post that you entered with the label photo only, as it appears in this post as well.
    I think the dress maybe early 80s, let's see what others here think about it.

3. Can you tell us what fabric it is? A few things:
    • the label looks '70s
    • it could be Asian characters, suggesting non-Western manufacture
    • any more labels? There should be fabric content, country of origin, size...? Check the side seams.
    • style is '50s inspired but this was revived in a small way in the '70s and big time in the '80s
    • speaking of the '80s: any shoulder pads?
    • the fabric looks to me to be printed velvet - there aren't many times you see this fabric but it was big in the mid to late '70s.
    on the basis of this, I suspect the dress is mid to late '70s but it will help if you can tell us more.

4. Rebena

Rebena Registered Guest

Hi there :) I work in the thrift industry and have seen this label a few times before. Personally, I feel like this brand is super vintage inspired but hasn't been around for very long. I have a feeling it's a newer garment, but that's just me.

Link removed by Admin..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  5. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

The character is Korean.