1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help date Lilly Dache Bird Hat ??1930s??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by love4vintage, Oct 15, 2009.

1. love4vintage

love4vintage Registered Guest

Hi!
    Need a little help dating this hat. I believe it to be 1930s era, mainly due to my labels, but I really cant be sure. Can you help??? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**EDITED**Your pictures are so BIG, you are crashing peoples computers. I shrunk them to a more reasonable size. PLEASE do not post any more that large. Thank you. VFG Administration

2. love4vintage

The style kind of makes me think 1950s but the labels
    make me think 1930s. Can someone help me with an opinion??
    Thank you much

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Those 'Victorian' style flowered Easter-like bonnet-hats were really popular post war - c. 1947ish

4. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

This one is hard to tell but it has to be after 1937 because that's when she opened her East 56th St. shop. As you said the Filenes label appears to be an old one and so does the Daché label. Those glass berries look older to me but the flowers and feather details look more 50s. I honestly can't say for sure. Lets hear from the others.

Melody

5. love4vintage

Thank you Jonathan & Melody, really appreciate the responses! Does anyone know when the older style Lilly Dache label switched to the "Dachettes" label or when the William "Wm Filenes" label switched to just "filenes" label? I couldn't really tell by the Fashion Guild label resource. Although, as far as I can tell Jonathan is usually the man with the answers, so maybe I should just go with that! Unless anyone has anymore light to shed. Also any guesses on ballpark value? side note: just in case you couldn't see in the pictures, there are two birds one is yellow the other green & pink.

6. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Hi love4vintage, when posting pics, can you try and make them no larger than 600 pixels wide...thanks!

7. love4vintage

Sorry, I did not realize, will definitely take note for the future & thank you for help in resizing!

8. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

not a problem just got messages that peoples PC's couldn't handle the size.

Your pics were 32,000 pixels. I didn't know they could even be that large :D

Great hat by the way!

9. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

the 2 hats I have had (well still have one) with that same label have been 40s.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. love4vintage

Thanks for the 40s confirmation, beautiful hats! any ideas on fair market value?