1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating a Mike Benet Formals Gown?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Cindycomm, Mar 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cindycomm

Cindycomm Registered Guest

Hi! I just acquired a strapless Mike Benet gown and would love to ID its age. I see from another thread on this site that per the care instructions tag, it's fairly likely this is an 80s gown, done in a 60s style, but I'd love your opinions!

Sequined bodice is composed of a string covered with matte sequins that is wound around much like soutache work. The top edge of the bodice is nude colored mesh with beads, sequins and iridescent flat topped faceted rhinestones. Lots of gathering where the bodice meets the full skirt. Skirt seems to be a very soft taffeta. Color is a greenish aqua. Tiny little thing, approx measurements: Bust 29-30", waist at smallest point 24-25", length along side seam 50". Back nylon zip (original) with two hook and eyes (one midway up, and the other at the top edge).

Excellent excellent condition. I can't find where any sequins, beads or rhinestones are loose or missing, and it is beautifully clean inside and out.

Sorry about the sideways photos. Hopefully you can see these details well enough to make a determination.

Thank you so much, Everyone! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017