1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating dressing gown/house coat 1950s?!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Julie C., Jan 19, 2017.

1. Julie C.

Julie C. Registered Guest

This beautiful dressing gown belonged to my grandmother, lovely sharp colours and floral pattern. The label reads, "Richcliff made in England" and "W" which I believe was the size?! No care label or any other labels. The fabric feels like cotton but not sure. Only one external pocket, original belt. 1950s?
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_1609.JPG IMG_1610.JPG IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1615.JPG IMG_1616.JPG

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

first impression for me is 1970s, that type of print was quite popular then, as were wide collars. maybe one of our UK members will be more familiar with the line for you

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Very pretty! I agree it looks a bit more recent than 1950s, going by the fabric print and colors. Can't say about the collar as it may be a shawl style. The fabric looks like cotton (?) plisse'.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I am seeing 50s on this, hopefully someone from the UK is familiar with that label. It's the label that is making me think it may not be 50s. I've had items made of that sort of patterned cotton before and they were generally 50s or early 60s.

5. Julie C.

Julie C. Registered Guest

Thank you everyone. I've tried to do a little research on the label's name with no much luck unfortunately :puzzled:

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni