1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating lace dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vintagiality, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Hi all,

I believe this dress is from the 40s but looking for a second opinion. It was quite yellow and had some stains but I soaked it in Restoration and it came out beautifully.

IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0264.JPG IMG_0267.JPG IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0256.JPG

Thanks
    Victoria

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That does look 40s to me, gorgeous eyelet summer dress. Glad to hear you had success with the Restoration product.

3. I've never used Restoration, but it certainly seems to have done well on your dress!

4. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

I have been using Restoration and it works very well.

5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Special thanks to Cinthia from bycinbyhand for the cleaning tip. She recommended Restoration.

On a separate note, how do you guys photograph dresses like this? I struggled quite a bit and couldn't figure out how to do it justice. It didn't help that it was too small to put on my mannequin but either way showing the beautiful effect of the eyelets was impossible.

Victoria

6. I think your photos look very nice. If you can't get the dress on a mannequin, sometimes that can pose a challenge. I'm not sure I like the floor under the dress as well as the other plain backgrounds. Somehow the floor just doesn't do this lace dress justice, in my opinion. The dark and light backgrounds look better to me.

7. I have been using Restoration for years. It is an amazing product. Especially for antique whites.

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Happy to help! It is beautiful!