1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating Vivienne Woodward Blazer jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by purplerain, Feb 6, 2017.

1. purplerain

purplerain Registered Guest

I just am re-entering VFG after a long time. Never have remembered my PW. I sold sell on ebay, etsy and ecrater. At times I just have no clue whether an item is vintage. I sell any;;thing, mens, womens or any item that I find interesting designer.
    Recent find is this Vivienne Woodward black blazer and looked at the label resource here but this one is not listed.
    Vivienne Westwood MAN London. Gorgeous buttons. I don't know if it is recent or vintage.
    Any help appreciated. vivienneWESTWOODbuttonCLOSEUP.jpg vivienneWESTWOODbuttonCLOSEUP.jpg vivienneWESTWOODjacket7A.jpg vfgFORUMS1.jpg

2. Purplerain, can you please show pics of any other labels found in the garment?

I suspect it's fairly modern. The Wikipedia page for Vivienne Westwood mentions MAN hats being produced in 2006 as a collaboration with Prudence Millinery, so that may give an indication.

The timeline on her own site only goes to 1999 but does not mention MAN so that suggests it's 2000s.

Lastly, I found a jacket on ebay with the same label. It's not dated but it is listed under contemporary fashion.

3. purplerain

Hello circa, Thank you. I wonder if you saw MY jacket (have this listed there) on ebay. I should have mentioned it was listed on ebay). Forgot to. Thus no date.
    I also list on etsy and wanted to list there - but does not fit the time frame. There are no other labels on the jacket.

4. purplerain

I also saw a lot of tshirts and other items on ebay with the word MAN and think some on etsy.

5. Yes, I did see your listing on ebay - but also found another one, a different jacket with the same label. Yes, it's too modern for etsy (although they don't seem to police their listings with many modern fashions to be found there).

6. purplerain

True usually BUT they scolded me recently for items not vintage??? Not knowing what or which I removed several. Big threat from them. .
    I believe I need to start a new thread for another item. A stunning Bellville Sassoon dress /gown - Saks fifth Avnue label. . I contacted some guild about it but they did not give any information. I shall post it later.

Thanks again!