1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help finding a blanket from 1970

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Broncothor, Dec 2, 2014.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Hope you find it. Lets just say I may of sold her the blanket back then if she bought it at Sears.

2. Broncothor

Broncothor Registered Guest

Thanks everyone. Leonardo, that first one looks really close. If I can't find an exact match, I may go for that one. My concern is this is a "feel" test for her, so unless the material is the same, looking a lot like the other one won't matter. Let me know if anyone finds one just like it. I know they came in blue also, but I don't know what other colors.

Thanks again!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  3. Broncothor

I found this one which looks like it might be the right material, but is a handmade patch quilt with stains. And there are no pictures of the underside. We are getting closer!

http://www.rubylane.com/item/597169-RL-poppy572/Vintage-Drunkardx92s-Path-Pattern-PInk-White

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That's my quilt! It's not at all like what you have shown us. It's made of cotton and it is hand quilted. No polyester in this one!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  5. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I believe I have a full bedspread like the pink one shown. Let me check and I will get back to you....

Gail

6. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Here is the one I had just acquired recently from my husband's aunt. She just purchased a new bedspread for her guest room and wanted me to find a new home for her "old" one.

It has a double ruffle on the sides.....The second photo is a closeup and the third photo is the back. The tag states it is from JC Penney , Made in USA, a poly/cotton blend and I believe it was on her guest bed since the 70s. She keeps a spotless house so I am sure this has been cleaned numerous times. (there is a small bit of piling on the back side).

Gail [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Broncothor

Ok. It's just so hard to tell from the pictures. Thanks

8. Broncothor

9. Broncothor

Thanks!

10. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

There is more polyester than cotton (70%) and it does have a softer feel to it. I'll try to get a better closeup for you (cloudy day and dark here) if you would like.....

Gail

11. Broncothor

Yes please. Thanks!

12. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Here you are.......hope this is better for you.

Gail

[​IMG]

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  13. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Looks like you're getting closer Broncothor! As mentioned in a private note, my sister no longer has these, but I bet you'll find what you're looking for with the help of everyone here. :USETHUMBUP:

14. Broncothor

Just an update for everyone. GailDavid is sending me the one she has. I believe, from the pictures, that it will be close enough to the original to thrill my wife this Christmas. Thank you very much GailDavid! I also want to thank all of the rest of you who took time to help me out. I would have never found anything close as I was looking for "blankets" and would have never thought to use "bedspread".

I truly believe that this will bring tears of joy to my wife. My only bad is that I let so many years go by without thinking of this, but at least I had the thought this year!

I would still like to find an exact match one day, so please keep looking. Thanks!

15. poppysvintageclothing

So nice to hear that you found one here! Please do let us know how your wife reacts when she gets it.

16. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

It looks like a terrific match. Gail is the best! [​IMG]

You sound like a super thoughtful hubby to me! Please come back and tell us how it went, after your wife receives her gift. I bet it's going to be the best holiday ever!

17. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

So very excited to be part of a magical moment for the holidays. You are a very thoughtful hubby! Merry Christmas!! xmas tree

Gail

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  18. Broncothor

I got it today. It appears to be perfect. The best I can recall the color is an exact match and the feel is the same, except not as worn.

Thanks again! I will let you all know how it goes on Christmas Day.

Chris

19. poppysvintageclothing

Keep us posted, can't wait to hear about her reaction!

20. Broncothor

Hi all,

My wife loved the blanket and really appreciate the effort I took to find it. I told her all about my new friends across the nation making drives to search attics and doing online research for me. The blanket is close enough to an exact match to her old blanky to serve its purpose. She is now trying to decided whether to leave it whole because it is so nice or to piece it into small pieces so she can easily carry it around.

Thanks to all of you for your help!

Chris