1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying, 50/60s dress - Emilio Pucci? Georgie Keyloun?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Kathleen Gavin, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Kathleen Gavin

Kathleen Gavin Registered Guest

Hi!
    I'm having a hard time figuring out the designer of this piece, found in a vintage shop in Brooklyn, the shop's cashier said she thought it was vintage Emilio Pucci...but I've been doing some searching and I'm not so sure! Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Details -
    Cut tag, no care tag sewn in anywhere else.
    Belt is stamped "All-Rite Belt Co." on backside
    Unsure of the material, possibly acetate? It is shiny and smooth but not silky. Lined with nylon inside.

Super vibrant, gorgeous design, I would love to figure out who made this!

DSC_0470.JPG

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Great dress! I think you can say it is in the style or inspired by Pucci's designs - there were many like that. But just from my gut feeling it doesn't look like actual Pucci, and to my knowledge, his materials were usually silk or cotton, not synthetics. One sign of a Pucci would be the tiny "Emilio" signature in the print. I'm not sure, but I think some of the other companies/designers also signed their prints in a similar manner... Yes there anything like that in this print? In general, your dress looks 60s to me, certainly not 50s. To find out what kind of material it is made of, you could do a burn test.

INVINTAGEV likes this.