1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Making Midnight Cowboy Joe Buck Costume

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Midnight Cowboy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

2. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Hi Ben, I am SO impressed!! And what a journey to get there- just like a 'real' costume gig form my experience, you found a great solution to every problem you encountered- bravo !.
    You look great in it, I love the suitcase as well, and what dedication to work through the night to get that done. Once you get the things on your wish list happening - your outfit will be complete.
    Do keep us updated please !.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

3. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Registered Guest

Will Do!, not many recognized it but that was the awesome part about it. Almost like you were pulling one over on em. Regardless everyone thought it was an awesome western cowboy costume. The ones who've seen the movie before got it immediately and it was worth it just for that. Plus this costume is going to get way more use. If I get tickets to Lettermen I'm wearing it to the show. Just to think I'll actually be walking through the big apple with the costume haha! Also on Joe Bucks way out the door he's holding a 1969 Zenith Royal 44 transistor radio which I have to eventually get my hands on. Got to work on my accent ;)

[​IMG]

4. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Well if you make it to New York Ben, I want to see photos of you in your costume please?, maybe you could recreate some scenes for us even!. But don't go too far now, no hooking up with ratso rizzo types now and stay away from the Cinemas on 42 nd street!

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That would be a blast....hope you get the tickets!!!