1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed on Martha Weathered wedding dress 1928

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by mandyconn, Feb 14, 2017.

1. mandyconn

mandyconn Registered Guest

[​IMG]
    Any idea on the value of this Martha Weathered Wedding Dress? It was in box from her shop on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I believe it was my Grandmother's and she was married in 1928. IMG_0089.JPG

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

We can't give values here. Your best bet would be to look around online and see what 20s wedding gowns are getting.

That is one amazing wedding dress!!! Stunning!

mandyconn likes this.
  3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Velvet, beading, and silver lame? bow down wave I bet your grandmother looked gorgeous! Keep in mind as you look around online at 20s wedding dress prices that condition is crucial - the dress has to be wearable, and most modern brides are fairly intolerant of flaws we might consider minor in a 20s party dress. Size may be another limiting factor - women in general were smaller a hundred years ago.

mandyconn likes this.
  4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

since it is your grandmother's, do any of the family members have a wedding photo of her in it?? that would be nice to see.

it looks lovely!

mandyconn likes this.
  5. Gorgeous frock: I'm sure it would look amazing on.

mandyconn likes this.
  6. mandyconn

mandyconn Registered Guest

I have tried to find a photo, but haven't found one, unfortunately. Thanks for the nice comments though. I wish I knew what to do with this dress.