1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Tracing Origin

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ann Louise, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Ann Louise

Ann Louise Registered Guest

Hey everyone,

I am really hoping someone can help me. So I purchased this jacket in LA last year and took it back to my shop. We were doing a photo shoot with it and I was fixing the pocket when I noticed there was a 2 page document entitled basketball cheers dating from 1986 which would coincide with the date on the jacket. It states Go Mustangs, also mentions Crenshaw and Go Bulldogs. I know it belonged to Alisa and she was pep commissioner 86-87 but I would love to try and find the owner of this jacket or where it comes from. If anyone could give me any info I would be very grateful. I have it with back in Ireland now and just loved finding the Cheers.

IMG_1566.JPG IMG_1564.JPG IMG_1565.JPG

Attached Files:

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

You might try a google search for Crenshaw Mustangs and Crenshaw Bulldogs.

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

When I googled Crenshaw, I found a Crenshaw High IN Los Angeles but the mascot is the cougar.

Ann Louise likes this.
  4. Ann Louise

That what I found also, spent alot of time googling it but with no success

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think when I googled Crenshaw Bulldogs I got a school in Texas but it wasn't a high school.

Ann Louise likes this.
  6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I have NO idea whether this is your person, but I found a reference, in a 1988 newspaper article, to a scholarship given to a varsity cheerleader named Alisa Quiller, from Midland Valley High, in or near Aiken, South Carolina. I looked up that high school and the team mascot(s) is/are the Mustangs.

EDITED TO ADD: I also found a couple of (current) references to this pairing: "Boys Varsity Baseball: The Midland Valley High School Mustangs defeat the Silver Bluff High School Bulldogs 15 to 0" The cheer on the paper from the pocket seems to cheer on the Mustangs, while encouraging the rival Bulldogs to roll out the door.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    StitchesandSnags and Ann Louise like this.
  7. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

What a fun mystery! I did notice that the cheers are for basketball, so it might help to focus on only basketball teams. Good luck!!

StitchesandSnags and Ann Louise like this.
  8. Ann Louise

Looking into it now and thanks for the info, would just love to find her

9. Ann Louise

We may have found Alisa I was wondering do you have a link to the article you found

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  10. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I am glad you may have found Alisa. I found the article through a newspaper database to which you have to subscribe, so I am sorry I don't have a link for you.

StitchesandSnags likes this.