1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House of Merivale Bridal Gown

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Iris Loves Frocks, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Iris Loves Frocks

Iris Loves Frocks Registered Guest

My not-so-secret obsession is Biba, the iconic and achingly cool London fashion store of the 60s and 70s. This stunning wedding dress is from The House of Merivale which was to Australia what Biba was to the UK. Something beautiful to take us into the weekend . . . .

Photo removed by Admin.. Photos may not include web addresses. Please read posting rules. Thank you.

2. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Fabulous wedding dress :clapping:, yes House of Merivale were amazing in the 70's, I remember them well!

3. Iris Loves Frocks

Thanks Gayle. It's almost worth me getting married again just to be able to wear it. I absolutely love the detail. Swoon!

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  4. Iris Loves Frocks

Oops apologies. I left a watermark on the pic. Schoolboy error and not a great start for my first posting! I'll try again. Thanks. IMG_0050_LS(1).jpg

5. Diana Wilkins

Diana Wilkins Registered Guest

Gorgeous, I worked with the designers as a sample machinist for House of Merivale Sydney Australia in the late 70's ... memories

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  6. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Brilliant photo! It takes me back- I worked as a Junior machinist at a bridal Company in the 70's- they did very similar styles to House of Merivale, but the didn't have the cool factor like this gown.