1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you measure vintage swimwear?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by listitcafe, Feb 13, 2007.

1. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

How do you give an exact measurement on vintage swimwear? Especially cup size? These two tops have dertical underwiring and I think they are bullet tops......
    -Chris

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

Very cute tops!
    It is a little tricky to measure swimsuits. Especially if they have a low back. I usually measure from the inside and try to get the tape measure down into the cups and back up the other side and see what it comes to.

Also, when I put swimsuits on my mannequin, I usually first have to stuff her a bit as she's not that well endowed. Then I measure around after I've filled in the cups with tissue.

I usually make an educated guess at the cup size! So far I've only had one returned that didn't fit.

I'm sure there are much more efficient ways of doing this, that I haven't figured out yet. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other helpful hints.

Theresa
    Blue Velvet Vintage Clothing and More

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Yes, it is tough. I usually measure them on the inside.

Lately I've had people email me and ask for the length of suits also. That can also be a bit tricky!

Lizzie

4. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

I measure but side to side, waist, hips, length and gusset. All are stated unstretched. Cup sizei s difficult and I usually estimate to my best knowledge. Some brands like Roxanne ussually have cup size listed. Cute suits!