1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many handbags does a girl need?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I admit, I'm a handbag maniac... I used to buy myself a new one at Claire's or some such place every few months - just because I always found so many fun bags.

Since I bought myself a classic Italian genuine leather handbag (no label), I use mostly that one for work - and I keep buying vintage "granny" handbags - and evening bags, because they're so great:wub:. I use them for special occasions.

So, lately I've been telling myself that I shouldn't buy any more... oh, well, yesterday I went to a small private fleamarket - wearing a lovely little 50's summer dress and with my classy everyday handbag in tow. One of the sellers took one look at me and asked if I was interested in vintage hangbags... weeeeell... She showed me some, I went :jawdrop: - and bought all three - the price was great considering they are all in very good condition.

I just can't resist a pretty bag... :saint:

Karin

2. Midge

Here are the other bags in my "collection"... no idea, how old they are or not, but who cares - I just love them!

3. Hi Karin,

That's a trick question and there is no answer.;) A girl needs as many handbags as she can get!

4. Midge

5. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

My answer? "More than she can possibly ever use." That's how many I have!

6. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

One for every day of the year and then more?

I love handbags, too, and lovin yours!:cheer:

Old saying is that a new hat will perk you up but a vintage handbag will work any day for me. :D

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Your collection is great, Midge, and your new additions are fab!

Vintage bags are irresistible, arent' they? (My own collection makes me incredibly happy--the only problem is where to STORE them all!)

8. Midge

*pfff* yes, storage is fast becoming a problem! That's why I told myself not to buy anymore, but, hey, I didn't have a laquer one yet, and the black satin evening clutch is so classy, and the one with the metal bit has a longer strap, which is good for certain occasions... There's always a reason to buy a new handbag!

Karin

9. joules

joules VFG Member

Now, you'll want to add some vintage suitcases to store them. ;) Lovely collection! I'm out of control with handbags; cannot ever have too many.

10. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

I have too many....I love bright colors or unusual shapes. People always ask where I got my bag, and I can honestly say from my own shop...so its great advertising!

Ang

11. Midge

Mhhh, a vintage suitcase - one of those really big old steamer trunks - would be terribly decorative... :spin:

Karin

12. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

For me, it's shoes...
    :spin:

13. missproper

missproper Alumni

Karin - Cute handbags! I say if it makes you happy, you can never have to many! :bouncy:

14. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

For me the desire for handbags and shoes feed each other:

I get new shoes, I want a bag to match,
    I get a new bag, I want shoes...

Sometime belts get added to that too. I love matching belt, bag AND shoes.

It's never-ending...

15. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

they're such a fun way to add a bit of POW to your look, aren't they?? never enough!

16. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

As bags as needed to match your shoes - or at least accent them well, and you CAN NEVER have too many shoes.... and if they don't match/accent the shoes, they can make or break the outfit, so I guess there is no "too many" when it comes to these treasures :) - great bags! I LOVE that little blue one - so sweet!!

17. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Eva Longoria's collection was featured in InStyle a couple of years back. OMG. She had drawers full of clutches sorted by color.... On my "wish list" along with Carrie's closet in the "Sex and The City"!!

I'm in love with the beaded handbags and the unique ones (like round shape or with roses)!

18. CasaDivaVintage

CasaDivaVintage Registered Guest

I need every handbag that screams my name and says "take me home now!" So far I've got two closets and about 5 big plastic bins filled and I'm nowhere near done! I keep saying they're inventory but then I end up keeping every one...

19. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

You don't want to see my closet shelf! I seriously need to purge, er, sell some!

20. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:wow22: yep! i'm a bag addict too.. I have been purging lately.. putting a few in my shop:violins: