1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many handbags does a girl need?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, my best friend and I have just made up our minds about what we'll do in September, which we've planned like forever for 2 weeks holiday together. So, it's one week in Vienna, staying at her place, and one week here in Zurich, staying at mine. And we'll scour all the good second hand shops, antique shops, thrift shops etc. etc. etc. A good chance to stock up on handbags for sure!

Karin

2. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

ooo that sounds like so much fun!! I am planning to sell some of my bags, but somehow they have all ended up in my closet...you know for now...for safe keeping :)

3. If you still have room in your closet, you still need more!

A lovely collection!

4. Sweetrockingal

Sweetrockingal Registered Guest

I know what you mean, my room is over-flowing with handbags i can't get enough I even buy some to resell them and well they just look so nice as part of my collection its hard to get rid of them this is just a very very small fraction of my collection and its only my wilardy lucite doesnt include all my other vintage purses I'm obsessed :USING:

[​IMG]

5. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Love it! There are some unique pieces I've never seen!! The whole collections is yummy.

6. How many handbags does a girl need?

Ooohh - at least 365! :drinkingtoast:

7. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

how many..approximately 123 and counting...

8. suelangley

suelangley Alumni

How many handbags is too many??? That reminds me of when my mom went to visit my sister Nancy in Atlanta - when mom got back she told me in awed/horrified tones that she'd counted 75 bags that Nancy had. When I told Nancy, she just said, "Oh, gawd, she must have missed some!"

Today I had an awesome bag experience... A new designer handbag screamed at me from behind the cash registers at my favorite Sally's. I asked about it, they said "you mean the striped Kate Spade". My mouth dropped open, but I managed to croak, "Yes, How Much?" $19!!! YUM...

9. Midge

I haven't counted yet... but I don't think I've hit the 100-mark yet, so I'm still a bloody beginner :D. I used to buy a lot of new ones at shops like Claire's - I just saw something I liked, used it till it fell apart (usually after a few months) and that was that. I guess that's where my obsession started... but these days I look more for quality vintage leather handbags - and stylish evening bags too!

Here's my latest addition:
    [​IMG]

My mother gave this my grandmother years and years ago. She bought this as a kit - in the 60s I guess. The flowers were already embroidered, and she did all the black ground embroidery. The material all around the embroidered part is black suede, and it has lovely satin lining. She had it put together with the suede by a professional, and I don't know if my grandma ever used it - it's like new. Mom kept it after grandma died, and now she wanted to sell it because it's not her style. Well, I couldn't resist it!

@ sweetrockingal - your collection is ultra-yummy!!!! Are those carved bakelite bangles in the corner? I can only say :wow22: !

Karin

10. Sweetrockingal

Sweetrockingal Registered Guest

Thanks!!!

and yes those are carved bakelite bangles hanging out with my wilardy's :D some are not carved like my bluemoon ones. I am still on the search for one that fits over my stupid hand... I once saw one that was a fully carved snake it was a dream come true till i tried to get it on and well so much for matches made in heaven :damnit: lol

11. Silly Karin! The answer is the same as how many pairs of shoes: "There's no such thing as too many"~

Goes for chocolate too :clapping:

12. Midge