1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Making a Regency Bonnet

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Better Dresses Vintage, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

BRAVA!!! You both look fabulous. I love your bonnet, and after reading your blog post one can see that you really did put your heart (and a tiny bit of blood) into that one.

Absolutely charming!

Barbara

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Love it, thank you for the interesting blog post! (I've been a JASNA member for five years.)

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Wow! What an impressive project, and of course you both look lovely. How long did it take you?

You said...
    "Feel free to send the historical-accuracy police, by horse and buggy".

[​IMG]

6. You and Sarah look so lovely in these gorgeous hats and dresses. You certainly have a talent for millinery (among your many talents)! I enjoyed your blog immensely! Thank you for sharing.

7. Thanks so much for taking the time to read it, friends. Really appreciate it!! xo

8. OMG, forever... at least 10 hours, probably 15 or more. I didn't watch the clock because for much of it I was either lost in thought or trying not to bleed on a non-cleanable part. I think it might go more quickly next time, now that I know what NOT to do, and also, I'd use a better hat with finer, more easily manipulated straw (or fabric).