1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunting for Daniel Green or similar vintage slippers

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Hazel, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Hazel

Hazel Registered Guest

I have a gorgeous robe, but it's a tad too long (and I'm 5'10"!). I hate altering vintage pieces so am looking for 30's - 40's vintage heeled slippers in a larger size - not mules, please, they always slip off!! ;-)
    I've trawled Ebay and Etsy determindly but they're all small sizes...
    Thankyou!

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I have some but not sure if they would be your size... what IS your size, Cinderella? ; ))

4. Hazel

Hazel Registered Guest

Crumbs, I wasn't expecting so many swift replies, thank you! Sizing's so difficult - I vary from 7 - 8 UK and that's just modern stuff... easier perhaps to give measurements; vintage shoes I have that fit are between 10 - 11" toe to heel and 3.25" wide across the ball of the foot. Black would be ideal, but the blues and reds are gorgeous too :)
    Thank you!

5. poppysvintageclothing

I have a black pair, I will measure and get back to you, Hazel. Most likely not large enough but you never know!

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Darn! Both of mine are too small!

7. Hazel

Hazel Registered Guest

Hi Cinthia, thankyou so much for checking! The quest continues... :-s

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I am so sad too... have a pair of emerald green and black lace... sigh!

9. poppysvintageclothing

I had these in my hands right before your inquiry came through...have mislaid them...will get back when they resurface. Most likely they will be too small though.