1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dream of Jeanie!?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkie, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Pinkie

Pinkie Registered Guest

Hi all, I found this cute top and it reminds me so much of Barbara Eden from I dream of Jeanie. I'm thinking this is 60s.
    What do you all think? Metal zipper all the way up the back, the sequins and beads feel like a plastic material. The label says 100 % wool made in hongkong and there is a size tag underneath the interior lining that says 32. Also do you think it would be too dangerous to have it dry cleaned because of the sequins? Thank you! KIMG1726.JPG KIMG1724.JPG KIMG1725.JPG KIMG1723.JPG KIMG1722.JPG KIMG1727.JPG

2. I agree Pinkie: 1960s. I hand wash these in mild detergent, rinse well and dry flat on a towel in the shade. Treat as knits basically. If any sequins or beads are loose, it's a good idea to secure them first.

Lovely colour - most of these are pastels. They were worn with long, plain skirts.

Pinkie likes this.
  3. Pinkie

Pinkie Registered Guest

Thank you!

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

They were called 'shell tops' in their day.

Pinkie likes this.