1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. blubirdboutique

blubirdboutique Registered Guest

So I've been selling for about 10 years or more and I can say I have only had a handful of unhappy customers. Usually because I just always give them what they want to make them happy. So, recently I sold I lovely item to a customer (also a vintage clothing dealer) and she was unhappy with it. I thought (and still do) that I represented it fairly in both price and condition. However, I did miss a detail that she pointed out. On the other stuff, we disagree. However, I said OK I'll refund your money and pay for shipping. But before I even got a chance to explain and offer a refund she had me blocked from a online vintage group where I do a lot of selling and love to just see the different items for sale.

Honestly, I'm just depressed about the whole thing. I am a really nice person and honest and try and do my best. When I was blocked I was also in the middle of a sale and lost the sale as a result. I asked all the moderators why I was blocked without any response.

So did I break some cardinal vintage law or something? I don't get it. What's with the cattiness I pick up in certain circles? I find it so unprofessional and wish we could all just help each other. I guess there are other groups to sell in, and honestly if the ladies in this particular group can't even hear my side of things then maybe it's for the best. But ugh. Just ugh.

Thanks. Done ranting.

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

There are always going to be the cases of the disgruntled customers...luckily it does not happen very often to any of us. I'm sorry to hear about the online vintage group though, is there no way of contacting them to explain.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That just stinks. skunk emoti Ugh is right. For them to not even give you the chance to plead your case or tell your side of the situation, they have accused you, put you on trial and found you guilty. Then they cut you off with no recourse.

Sounds like a third world dictatorship to me.

Sorry this happened. You have been contributing to the Public forums here for a while and I have enjoyed your posts and seeing your items on occasion.

4. David W

David W Registered Guest

Sorry to hear about this. Who knows, maybe the moderators of the other site just haven't had a chance to work through everything.

5. blubirdboutique

Thanks everyone. I am thinking since they are all from the same area they are possibly friends I'm not sure. I do know I am not part of that friendly circle! But I asked the buyer about 3 times why would she do that and she flat out ignores me so I know she knows what I am talking about. So, not much I can do unfortunately. I sent polite emails to all 3 moderators without one response. So, seems too coincidental unfortunately. I hate to jump to conclusions but it is what it is. I am just annoyed because she cost me a $250 sale, and I rely on this income for many things. I guess I need to work extra hard to find another avenue to sell. I'm going to move on because it's costing me sleep and stress and I don't need that! Honestly I feel like I should let people know who the sellers/moderators are so they don't get burned, but it will probably just cause more drama so I guess I won't. Thanks again. :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  6. blubirdboutique

I agree! Just feels very crappy to be treated like that. I understand if she didn't like my item, but I am returning with a full refund and paid shipping both ways. So, she isn't out any money.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

8. I'm sorry to hear this but I find that these unpleasant things happen sometimes. I offer returns for any reason and accept that sometimes you just have to wear the cost, even when it's unfair. Put it in the big scheme of things: it's "swings and roundabouts", what you lose on the swings, you pick on the roundabout. As long as you don't get too many unhappy sales it's not so bad. It can be upsetting though.

If I were you, I would do what I could to "make it right" with the customer (which it sounds like you've done), and do what you can to make it right with the group - I'm not sure that you can do more there - and as long as you're happy with your part, sometimes you just have to let it go.

9. blubirdboutique

Thanks. I definitely messed up with the condition of the coat, but I can say I didn't realize and it was an honest mistake on my part. I guess she assumed I was trying to get away with something. But I did own up to it. I guess I'm banned from the group for the mistake. I do think that isn't fair because sometimes mistakes happen, but in any case you're right. Time to move on and hopefully my karma will pay off for trying to do the right thing.

10. All you can do is put your point of view across and if they choose not to accept it, you've done your best.

We all make mistakes, it's part of the joy of being human. What's important is what you do afterwards, what you do to fix it, learn and move on.