1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identify this designer?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vinclothes, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Laura

Laura Alumni

That is so incredible! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Laura

2. Thant looks so good you may have to keep it!

3. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

Don't worry - "newbie" just means new to these chatboards. You might be better to start a new thread on your lingerie question, so it doesn't get lost in the discussion here. Just click on New Topic and post away.

4. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Well this just figures - here I took one look at the label and said "OMG, that says Madeline Vionnet clear as day...." - so this one time (ok, the second time, <i>maybe</i>) I knew what I was looking at and I wasn't here early enough to say "ooh, ooh - I know!" :)

But enough about me, back to your dress - I hate to say that it was the find of a lifetime 'cause I don't want you to feel like you have nothing to look forward to, but... you found this at a flea market in Idaho?! I'm going to Idaho on April 1st. No foolin'! Never mind though - coming across this anywhere but in a big-deal auction room, collector's closet or an appointment-only shop is really astounding! Congratulations, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Carolyn