1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ironing Vintage Woman's Pajamas

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by yumyumvintage, Mar 8, 2017.

1. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

Trying to press some women's acetate pajamas I have some gown and pajama sets and it is hellish ironing them out. Any tips would be appreciated. This is driving me crazy.

-chris

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is not easy, I bet it's that kind of acetate that has a rough finish to it, correct?

I would steam them if I had them.

3. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

The steam is not working well. Who would have ever bought these pajamas in the day?

4. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

I would iron them inside out with a pressing cloth to prevent iron shine or water spots.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I agree with Debbie, then, if the steam isn't working.

6. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

I tried that but the wrinkles are not coming out. I was thinking of just taking to the dry cleaner but then I don think the pajamas are worth the cost.

I think I wont buy those sort of pajamas when I see them.

7. PastPiecesVintage

PastPiecesVintage VFG Member

Acetate irons like a dream when it's damp. When I wash acetate scarves, I towel blot them until they're still quite damp, then iron them dry to get a mirror smooth finish. When I iron dry acetate, I mist it with water from a little spritz bottle. I've never had an issue with water spots, either.

yumyumvintage likes this.
  8. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

That makes sense..I will try. Thanks..