1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's COMING!!! (Help Wanted)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Patentleathershoes, May 26, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

It\'s COMING!!! (Help Wanted)

..Summer at the VFG that is!

Here is a preview and a chance for you to participate!

We have a wonderful workshop on photography, on taking photos of vintage this summer. Dates are July 20-27th and topics will include setting up your studio, cameras, imroving photos with editing techniques, and much much more. Presented by our very own Connie of CosmicCat vintaeg. (come learn, and share your special tricks too)

In late August...stay tuned for Mannequin Madness, a whole week of fun. Topics will include rebuilding/restoring Mannequin hands (that's a tricky one), makeup, selecting, and living with mannequins. Our very own Bret will be doing the "hand"i-work (and we may even get a good glimpse of Tori's (flashbak58)'s mannequin collection that is always looked forward too). Anne (artisannes) will also talk about manni selection expanding upon her article feature on this website. Dressforms and other related situations will also be on the menu.

========================================

And in the meantime....all throughout the summer we will be presenting a a "Fashionable Summer".

Summer is a busy time and we are all popping in and out with vacations and other summer fun (or winter fun for those in the land down under). Topics will be quick one or two day presentations on a concentrated subject...a specific designer or maker. Stay tuned for the complete schedule.

Dazzle us with your knowledge and passion, do a little research to learn about something you have always wanted to, and present your findings. Obscure names and little facts we didn't know about "the old faithfuls" all welcome.

If you would like to consider to be teacher for the day....just send me a U2U and we'll talk!

Chris

2. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

:clapping: This sounds wonderful, Chris....and teachers. :bouncy:

Gail

3. Patentleathershoes

Thanks Gail.

And if you would like to jump in too..we would be glad to have you.

It is exciting because we have about 5 designers/makers right off the bat now that will be presented, and 2 other folks who want to do it but want to narrow down their choices before making a final decision on their designer as well.

After the holiday i will post a list of what has been spoken for, but with the variety so far it is doubtful that there will be duplication.

Chris

4. This is great!

I am looking forward to them, and to all you guys, contributing, thank you.:clapping:

5. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Ohhh.. This is my type of thing, so you know I'll be helping! I think it is a great idea, and I invite anyone who has a passion for a certain designer, or who just wants to learn more about one, to volunteer.

Lizzie

7. Patentleathershoes

Thanks Lizzie.

And if anyone has an inkling to dive in, and you don't have a lot of photos, etc, in your library, we are here to help :) And on the opposite end, if you need tips about a few extra sources just to add to what you know to make it a home run, help is available to point you in the right direction.

And if you have performance anxiety, don't worry....you will be encouraged, cheered on, and will get plenty of "back stage" help. (and teaming up with a buddy is allowed!)

Most people think they know only a little...but it usually turns out to be a heck of a lot about one area!

Chris

8. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

And the opposite of what Chris is saying is also true - If you have access to lots of pictures, old ads, whatever, we need you (and your stuff!)

9. Patentleathershoes

So true!

We have a great line up starting to formulate right now, but there is plenty,plenty of room for more!

10. Patentleathershoes

Some of the lineup will be announced soon...not this minute...but soon :)

11. Patentleathershoes

The dates for the photo workshop are July 20-27.

Makers in the Fashionable summer series include

Tina Leser
    Hattie Carnegie
    Joe Famolare
    Swirl
    Madame Carven
    Louella Ballerino
    ....and more!!!

12. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

We'd really LOVE to have some more of the great and knowledgable people here join us!

Lizzie

13. Patentleathershoes

...or those that have some research skills!

14. Patentleathershoes

...But enthusiasm works too! :)

I'll be announcing some final dates and a lineup in the next little while in the VFG newsletter after i fill one key date.

15. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

I would love to do one, but I'm very worried I don't really know ENOUGH to be able to answer everyone's questions!! :puzzled:

You can pencil me in for August though (will hopefully be sunning myself on a beach somewhere in July!!). How about the main players in the British Boutique Movement, or is that casting my net too wide?

Liz

16. Patentleathershoes

Check your U2U's Liz. (i answered your message before you posted here)

That sounds great!!!

(and you know plenty!)

Will August 30th work?

17. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

Works for me!! (that way I get to learn from everyone else's!! :clapping: )

Liz

18. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

YEA!!:clapping: for Liz!

19. noir_boudoir

noir_boudoir Registered Guest

:party:

(Liz, I can guarantee you'll know more than me about any given subject :BAGUSE: - I'm billing mine more as an 'exploration')

20. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

You seem to have an incredible capacity for research and recall :wow:, which I can only envy as I struggle to remember what I ate for dinner yesterday! ;)

Liz

:violins: