1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J. Leonard Paris - Need help dating and authenticating please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by natalie jean, Feb 20, 2013.

1. natalie jean

natalie jean Registered Guest

If anyone can help me with this dress, I would appreciate it. There are signatures at two places in the hem. The hem has a serger seam that seems modern. There is a 44 size tag sewn into the underarm. The zipper is OPTI brand. There are tags for the the material "100% Polyamide" and possibly a boutique "a la Nouvelle Orleans". There is not a separate tag for Leonard, just the signature at the hem. Is this dress authentic? If it is authentic, how old is it? Thank you for your time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I don't know quite what you mean, authentic what? As it's printed on the fabric selvedge the name you have found is likely to be the designer of the print. I'm thinking 1970's hostess style dress.

3. joules

joules VFG Member

Please read the VFG label resource Leonard entry, for pertinent information.

The most desirable J. Leonard textiles are silk.
    We don't "authenticate" on this forum.

Your dress is well-constructed, and the textile is lively. Great dress!

4. natalie jean

natalie jean Registered Guest

I did review the Leonard resources in the forum, but did not see anything with a similar signature. Nor have I found anything with a similar signature around the web. I just wanted to make sure the item was indeed an original Leonard and not a replica. I would hate to sell an item that was not an original. Thank you for your replies.