1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamie's website is a GO!!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by bug12oz, May 6, 2005.

1. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Jamie\'s website is a GO!!!

Hey guys.

I got my website www.repeatvintage.com up and running as of yesterday. I still have alot to learn and still have things I want to do different, but for now this will work. My friends and family have been an great on giving advise and helping out. So take a look and tell me what you think.

Have a great days my friend!!!

Jamie :kiss2:

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

congratulations Jamie!!

what an accomplishment!

How long did it take you to get going?

3. Patentleathershoes

congratulations Jamie!!

what an accomplishment!

How long did it take you to get going?

4. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

Great site!!

I know I can't really talk, since my site seems to be taking ages to finish, but the thumbnails for each item are taking AGES to load for me (and I'm on broadband). I notice you're using the full size image for the thumbnail, so maybe create some real thumbnail sized thumbnails in a low quality so they load quicker?

Liz

5. Patentleathershoes

Liz... re: timing. the thing about waiting to launch it is you keep people mysterious in suspense... :)

6. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Thank you guys for the comments.
    It took my 2 months to create the website and get all the back end done. I still have many more items to put on there. Want to get everything into sections (ex: lingere, children, evening wear, etc). But it took me a while to learn how to get everything into the catalog manager, so one step at time. Right now I just need to learn to have patience!!! :wacko:

7. Patentleathershoes

Now is a good time to start building your customer base. Encourage people to ask to sign up for your updates newsletter. So while people are browsing and if they don't find something yet that is quite their size, or type they are looking for (they want one of those other categories), you can make sure you don't lose out on letting them know about when you do have them.

The newsletter for this forum is done with constant contact, and they have sign up boxes you can put on your website as well you can customize it so people can sign up to get different info

Chris

8. Patentleathershoes

Jamie...on the "about" page...

are one of those lovely ladies in that picture you?

9. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Why yes indeed one of them is me.
    I am on the left, I was 17 when we took that picture.
    It is one of my most treasured items.

I really want to do the guestbook. That was one of my goals this coming week. Second one was figuring out the "sections" thing, and third was getting more items into the catalog manger.

I have so much more to add. ANd the funny part is that I haven't even made a dent in my grandmother's stuff. It's like going treasure hunting at her house. The excitement of rummaging through all that stuff.

:sniff::sniff::sniff::sniff::D:D:D:D:love008:

10. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

The site looks awesome! VERY professional. I noticed you said RepeatVintage is a hobby, but the caliber of your site does not evoke "hobbyist". Wonderful work Jamie!!!!:clapping:

Wanna design mine next???:bouncy:

Sandra

11. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

You know the funny part Sandra, I really enjoyed making it. I already want to make another site with other stuff that my grandmother has. And I don't mind helping out anyone either. There is still alot of stuff I don't understand and get, I take baby steps everyday.

At the time that I was creating my website, it was just a hobby. But I lost my job the other day so this will be my full time job. I went and got books at the library yesterday on "marketing".

Jamie

12. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Chris,

I got the guestbook on there at the bottom of the home page........
    That took my 3 hours to figure out how to add that thing.

Now onto the "sections" break down.

13. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

hehehehehe......baby step today is the "section" break down. Working on that this morning. I awoke early this morning with my brain going 100 miles an hour and hasn't slowed down yet (it's 10:00 A.M. here).

I want to thank you guys again for all your support and advice. You have been a great little family and friends that I have been proud to say that I belong too. :roll:

14. Patentleathershoes

thanks for "belonging" with us, Jamie.

Can't wait to see all the new updates!

15. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

It's really fun to see what people create! Great site.

Deb

16. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Thank you, thank you. That means alot coming from you guys.....
    Oh I worked hard today. Took alot of pictures, measurements and descriptions. Should add some more tomorrow and then publish everything to the website. So you guys keep a look out you here!!!! :P

17. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Whoa I added more items today. Still have alot more that I got cleaned this morning.
    Of course a friend of mine came over last night and wiped out half my stock, so back to grandmother's I go this weekend. :bouncing:

Hehehe....the excitement of digging thru her stuff.....I now know how you guys feel when you guys talk about finding stuff....:USETHUMBUP:

18. Patentleathershoes

Are you lucky enough to have some of her stuff fit you?

(once you open that can of worms...there is no turning back LOL)

Chris

19. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Oh how I wish that I could wear her stuff.
    The funny part is that most of my family is very tall.
    I am the only short one of the bunch. I come in at 5 foot 1.

However I have found a few items here and there that have made my heart stop when I try them on and they fit.

:smug:

20. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I know this is probably a stupid question, but oh well.
    Where do you get that Vintage Guild Member Icon to put on your website.
    I noticed several of you guys have them on your website and I really want to add it to mine too.:)