1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jewelry Q: Any idea when this was made?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by fashionpoor, Jul 18, 2010.

1. fashionpoor

fashionpoor Registered Guest

A question for the jewelry experts: can you tell me about this cute pin? It's got black stones and a silverish-black setting - no manufacturers stamp. It came with one earring (unfortunately the other was lost!). Any ideas on this?

Thanks!
    Lisa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Lisa,

Your pin looks like a late '50's, early '60's pin made by D&E (DeLizza & Elster) who made the jewelry known as Juliana. They made jewelry for over 800 companies beginning in the mid-'40's. Most of the "Juliana" jewelry is not marked so you need to know the characteristics to identify it. They made jewelry for many of the top lines in the '50's- '50's including Weiss, Hattie Carnegie - I've even had a D&E with a Hobé stamp.

I think I have a pair of Weiss earrings that "match." (They made a lot of Weiss jewelry.)

I'll try to find a picture and post them.

Linn

3. fashionpoor

fashionpoor Registered Guest

Thanks, Linn! It's funny - I recently purchased a Julianna reference book but didn't think to check there! After seeing your post, I looked and found a piece in the same shape/style but with clear stones! How exciting!

Would love to see your earrings - they are truly gorgeous pieces!

Best,
    Lisa