1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just For Fun. Post Something Vintage You Wear & Won't Sell.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by vintageclothes-line, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

ok, really not that special at all but something i've hung onto for a long time. me age 17 in godawful crimplene 70's top (so in about 1996) - i remember i was dishing out ice cream for my litle sister's birthday party. i don't wear it any more (honest :) ) but i can't bring myself to part with it!

[​IMG]
    (sorry if this picture is huge/loads weird not sure what i did to it!)

i do have much more technically 'interesting' stuff, but need to find those pictures/actually photograph it.

connie that hat is fab, now i need to see it on you! :) and am with justine. i would have gone for late 20's maggie! blimey!

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I have got it...she must have an oil painting hidden in her house somewhere like "The Picture of Dorian Gray".

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Oh gosh. I don't readily admit my age because I don't think it does my business any favors, but yes, I was born in 1960. AND, my parents were born in 1908 and 1920, my grandparents in 1870-90. See where I get my vintage interest?

I've got just about every vice, and haven't lived the easiest life. I guess I just have some luck with DNA or something!

But, now back to showing off your keepers!! ;)

4. Maggie, my parents were born in 1909 and 1912. Yes, I can see how you got your love for vintage! How about that? You have some good genes.

Connie, I love that hat , too, and must see you in it!

Harriet, that shirt is wild and love those blue bowls, too. Makes me hungry for ice cream.:)

I love all this stuff.

Chris, I dare you to put your prom dress on and take a pic in it.:D

I will dig up those wedding pics. I promise I don't wear it anymore, but I do still have.

5. Patentleathershoes

Nope. But maybe i will show you a pic in me in something else.

I have to get out my Evans handbag. its here somwhere.

6. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

Sorry to be a bother but I have been trying to insert a few pics and when i click on PREVIEW, nothing is there. Do pics not show up in a preview? and also, when you click the browse button and add a pic, can you keep clicking it to add more in the same reply ?
    kelly

7. Kelly, how do you enter pics? I do it by < img src= (but leave out the space after the <

8. Patentleathershoes

The picture doesn't always show up in the preview if you are attaching it using the browse feature. they do if you are using a photo link

9. cymbeline

ok, thanks girls. I think i have finally figured out how to submit more than one photo at a time! Im sorry I couldnt narrow it down to less than 3 items and they are not in order. First is my 50's pink roses dress from Horrockses. Then i have the really poor pics of my chenille coat, probably from the 40's i think, pics dont do it justice its gorgeous. then i have my Bustop dress which i really feel like a million bucks in although possibly the full pic doesnt show the cut very well.
    thanks for the help. kelly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Hattysattic

11. Patentleathershoes

Oh my...you could be twins!

Kelly, I CAN sorta tell the shape of the Busttop dress. I think its adorable.

And BTW Harriet i would totally wear a shirt like you were wearing.

Chris

12. cymbeline

harriet, you are lucky i didnt see that coat !!!!! I love those chenille coats although i must admit i have only seen a few of them. I have often wondered if mine was 70's except for the slightly longer length and the shoulders. I dont have any tags in mine.

Chris, that busstop dress is really wonderful on, so girly and light as a feather.

I wore the 50's roses to a wedding but felt really bad about outdoing the bride!!!:USETHUMBUP:
    After a couple hours at the wedding i went into the bathroom and took out the bodice shaper thingys though, they were so uncomfortable!

13. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

WELL THIS GOT ME THINKING!! which items, could l NOT d without...and not be parted from...well most of my bags and silk scarves actually...

but if l had to choose, these would be my fave four items (of the moment)
    my red 1960's aquascutm boucle wool winter coat.....l LOVE it...and people stop me and ask me where l got it!!!

[​IMG]

my favourite scarf though l dont wear it its too beautiful, l want to get someone to frame it for me l love the artwork!!

[​IMG]

two fave bags...this is an unusual pearlescent lucite beaded 1950's evening bag.....the pic doesnt do it justice at all...

[​IMG]

AND.... this 1930s corde clutch bag, with lucite fastening detail...l dont think yu can see the corde detail of swirls....

[​IMG]

this is such a FAB idea... and we get to see such great vintage items and no doubt bargain finds, l know mine are!!!

sara x

14. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

*Love* those chenille coats, they're gorgeous!

Kelly, I am crazy about your Bus Stop and Horrockses dresses, too.

Oh and Sara, you should definitely have that scarf framed, it's beautiful.

15. Patentleathershoes

Sara, what is the signature on that scarf?

16. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

Jean Patou, PARIS... its the earlier style signature....

one of my many collections...vinatge silk scarves, abgs...but not tfor the names, its always wot l like that l buy for meeeee!!!

sara x

17. Patentleathershoes

I thought that was what i read but wasn't sure!

18. Hattysattic

nice coat sara! just found this on the 'puter while looking for another pic - my lounging set (has matching palazzo style pants)!

[​IMG]

homemade i think, but i loved the fabric too much to let it go!

19. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

OMG...Look Hatty I have a very similar shirt! Mine is an Alex Coleman.

[​IMG]

Guess we are letting our ages really show!

20. Hattysattic

ooh that's a nice colour too!! very nice!!