1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Label help, vintage Italian lingerie

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by maltby, Mar 12, 2017.

1. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

I have exhausted my sleuthing skills but trying to decipher and learn about it

the gown is light minty green and silk with lace trim, simple and sleeveless with a high neck

here is the tag and I can tell it's an address but can't make out the name/find info on it

any ideas?

thanks friends! IMG_7057.JPG

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Can you please post a photo of the full piece too...it helps to establish the date.

3. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

of course, here are two: IMG_7058.JPG

Attached Files:

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Thanks, on first glance it looks 60s but I think it may well be older as there appears to be more fullness to the body of the nightgown than you would see in a 60s nightie. It looks like beautiful silk! A nice find!

More opinions are sure to follow.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Very pretty (and much nicer than what I usually find in vintage Italian lingerie)! I would have said 50s or 60s. Couldn't find anything on the name, the address though is in the city center of Florence, so my guess is that this would have been a "better" shop.

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

The label looks to me like "Tecla Melli" and whether or not this is related I found this Italian company information...

IMG_6216.JPG