1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEONARD PARIS DRESS - lime green with black print DESPERATELY NEEDED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by helen broadway, Dec 4, 2013.

1. helen broadway

helen broadway Registered Guest

Please help if you can...
    A friend sent me her much loved Leonard dress for me to wear to a wedding. I washed it in the sink to freshen it up and the colours ran!!!!!!!!
    She is totally heart broken and I'd really like to find a replacement.
    Here is a picture of the dress now...
    Originally it was a very bright lime green with black print but it is now sadly black with khaki.
    If any of you own and want to sell or come across this very same dress then please do get in touch - [email protected] 20131204_220025.jpg 20131204_220025.jpg
    I really don't know what else to do and feel so bad ;0(

2. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

oh, I can imagine how badly you feel! I'm so sorry. Wish I had the same dress for you. Maybe someone will chime in with some assistance on how to remove color bleed. Have you taken the dress to a dry cleaner? Maybe they can help. Wishing you the best of luck!

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm not totally sure, but I think it's unlikely to be rescueable.

If you have colour bleed from one garment, into another garment that is colourfast, there are treatments to remove the colour bleed from the colourfast garment. But any product that removes loose dye, will also affect on the non-colourfast dye in this dress, and fade that as well.

But don't take my word for it, someone with more expertise may know differently.

I hope someone has something for you... perhaps you could get her something else, that she will love just as much?

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Do you know if she has a photo of it from before? It might help anyone reading this thread to recognise it or perhaps they might have a close example.

5. I agree with Ruth: I doubt your dress can be restored. Normally I recommend a colour run remover, but not only has the colour run in this dress, it's run all the way into the water and down the sink. Hate to say it, but this is why I always dry clean printed silks, especially if they're expensive. Also: why I ask friends not to clean anything they borrow from me. I've had too many mistakes, especially with vintage.

My best advice is to either find another dress she's happy with (getting the same dress is going to be hard, as it's not likely to have been made in large numbers, and even if you do find another dress, you need it in the same colourway and size) or use a run remover to improve this one. I doubt you will get it back to lime though.

If you know the date of the dress, it will help you search for another - we can help if you post pics of the labels, or compare them to the ones in the Label Resource.