1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 70s bohemian style wedding dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Jenny, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

I am having a hard time finding a dress that is similar! @_@
    I guess it is just not that popular?
    Huge Angel sleeves
    Fancier looking lace (not chunky crochet lace or cheap one)
    Long
    Flowing

Help?
    Wedding Dress.jpg

2. Jenny, the dress is heavily influenced by Edwardian white cotton styles, but the sleeves as you've pointed out are more '70s. These are not particularly common styles - if you like the look of it you'll probably find it easier to find Edwardian originals.

barias1743 likes this.
  3. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

I feel like people are very confused between victorian and edwardian style when i was looking through search. lol I checked Edwardian dress and I just love Edwardian's (early 1900s) Lace patterns! Now it is super rare to find this style lace in modern time. Sadly, like you said, the sleeves is more of 70s and it is not common to be found with an Edwardian dress. But I want that sleeves! :USING:

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It might also help to look up lace tablecloth dress. In the 70s this was a popular trend taking 1, 2 or 3 tablecloths and repurposing them into a dress.

5. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

Good idea! I will check around.

6. Jasmin Key

Jasmin Key Registered Guest

Your other alternative would be to find the table cloths and get a dress made. Then you can have the most extravagant sleeves you like! But you need to find a good dressmaker, preferably someone recommended to you and who you can visit for fittings.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  7. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

I don't know if you are still looking, but I found this pattern for a tablecloth dress in one of my sewing books from the 70's. Thought of this thread immediately :)
    The pattern is very basic, but it might be helpful as a starting point. Good luck!
    IMG_20150810_163139_660.jpg IMG_20150810_163054_680.jpg IMG_20150810_162920_893.jpg IMG_20150810_162927_326.jpg

8. Linda March

Linda March Registered Guest

Try looking at Anna Campbell's designs. Vintage inspired, they are really beautiful

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  9. blubirdboutique

blubirdboutique Registered Guest

I feel you! I've been looking as well. I haven't found anything yet, except this amazing designer dress that is probably 20k. :D 12687923_10153268039596962_8717319633790490026_n.jpg

sunfrog24h likes this.
  10. Deluxe Redux

Deluxe Redux VFG Member

Try Silver Moon in Chicago. They specialize in vintage wedding gowns. One of the largest, if not the largest, in the country.

11. autumnrheaz

autumnrheaz Registered Guest

I found this a couple months back at an estate sale. I can take better pictures if you are interested. It is very pretty.
    LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN
    postingrulesemoti

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016
  12. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

The Vintage Fashion Guild has a member who specializes in bridal gowns...most are 1960s and before, but you might want to contact her to see if she carries younger vintage gowns, too, possibly. Her online shop is Cherished Vintage Bridal Salon.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  13. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

I ended up grabbing a dress from Spell & the Gypsy. xP

Retro Ruth likes this.