1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for info on Blin et Blin coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Cedra, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Cedra

Cedra Registered Guest

I'm looking for info on this coat by Blin et Blin - any info would be appreciated - era, company info, etc.

I've tried searching out ads for Blin et Blin in old newspapers on Google and haven't found any that look like this, although I did find an ad for a Blin et Blin sealskin coast retailing for $129.00 in 1957.

It only has the one label and no indication of size, but it is quite large on me so I am guessing anywhere from a size 10-14.

I've not decided what to do with it yet, likely sell it as it is far too big for me so any advice on a reasonable asking price for this item would be appreciated as well. It does have some minor wear and tear.

Thanks very much,
    IMG_3906b.JPG IMG_3899b.JPG IMG_3908b.JPG IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3902.JPG

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Blin & Blin is a French wool textile company, so 'sealskin' is the name for the type of weave and finish of wool they are using in that coat. Blin & Blin are not designers, usually their label appears in conjunction with a designer or store name - Lilli Ann used Blin & Blin woolens all the time, but this coat isn't Lilli Ann.