1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for this 1966 Pierre Cardin Vogue pattern

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Midge, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

My mom is looking for this 1966 Pierre Cardin pattern by Vogue. Sadly, she doesn't have the pattern number, but maybe someone recognises it?

She wants to make this for herself :D (and it is totally her style!).

Thanks for your help!

Karin

2. joules

joules VFG Member

3. joules

joules VFG Member

4. Midge

5. joules

joules VFG Member

6. Midge

Or to find it at all... so far, no luck on etsy, Ruby Lane, ebay, VFG search... well, we'll keep looking.

Karin

7. joules

joules VFG Member

I had a look around too, Karin, and no luck. I'll keep an eye, of course. Could be tricky. What size?

8. Midge

Here goes: bust 35', waist 30', hips 40'. She says it's usually a size 14 by the bust measurement and a 16 by the rest, but she'd rather go with 14 - it's easier to make it bigger around the bottom.

Karin

9. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

If she finds the pattern in another size then I would buy it anyway. It's not that hard to grade a pattern up or down and there are lots of instructions available over the internet.
    She will probably need to adjust any pattern to her specific measurements and since she will most likey trace off the finished product to more sturdy paper it won't be that much extra work. Here is just one link for grading a pattern

http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/4368/making-sense-of-pattern-grading

Melody

10. joules

joules VFG Member

11. joules

joules VFG Member

I agree, Linda, but as with most things, I suppose it's whatever the market will bear.

12. Midge

Linda - no need to excuse yourself! That price is too high, I think the same. Even if the pattern is rare as it seems to be, I think this is over the top. The seller probably knows it's a rare one, and there are people out there who know how to re-scale it to another size, but still... I have learned in years of collecting (not just vintage fashion related) that if you are patient, you'll usually find what you're looking for.

Karin