1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mannequin? Dress Form?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by foofoogal, Oct 21, 2011.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I love to see all the eye candy on a daily basis from all the great vintage dealers here.
    May not be able to ask this but I follow a few to drool.
    Dorotheas Closet and Timeless Vixen Vintage.
    So now my ?

I would love to find the dress form with the wood on top that Timeless uses on her shop
    or
    The mannequin one Dorothea uses. Without a head is it even called a mannequin?
    Years ago I bought a vintage manni w/o hands and have given up trying to find them at this point.
    It is going to be my Christmas present this year so does anyone know where I can find either or both?
    Thank anyone for any help. Sandy

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I bought my dress form, with bendable arms, from Roxy Display. They have a ton of options and their service is amazing - my form was on my doorstep the day after I ordered it.

3. foofoogal

Thanks so much. I have looked forever for the dress form with the wood knob at top. Great site.
    Sandy

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I second Susan's recommendation of Roxy Display. I've bought several items from them, always competitively priced, and always lightning-fast shipping.

5. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

And I third the suggestion for Roxy Display--I've gotten 2 or 3 things from them, including a dress form and my newest mannequin. I think I got my hat-display head from them too. They are very good--and their prices can't be beat!

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Can anyone advise on a good UK source?

7. LorrelMae

LorrelMae Registered Guest

Hi Sandy!

My next mannequin is going to be a collapsible shoulders dress form, preferably 50's. I am tired of having to fight getting dresses over the shoulders!

Wolf Form co has a knob at the top of theirs. http://www.wolfform.com

Sandi

8. I never got my mannequin from Roxy display and when I contacted them they said, "please let us know if it shows up, or when it doesn't" a month later. Then everything hit the fan with my "illnesses" and pregnancy so I was out $150 and no mannequin :-(

But I may try them again as they are the cheapest and this time demand they ship with insurance.

9. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Just to clarify, Ang/Dorotheas is a long time member of VFG. Timeless Vixen is not a VFG member.

10. Adoredvintage

Adoredvintage Registered Guest

I personally love the vintage WOLF dress forms and have hunted all mine down through antique malls and Craigslist :) You'll see a few on Ebay pop up here and there but they can fetch a pretty penny.

11. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

I started out as a custom dressmaker and milliner so I had quite a few of the vintage wolf forms, which is what I tend to use now. I got mine from a sewing machine repair shop that catered to home sewers as well as the industry. They also sold refurbished machines. If you have a sewing machine repair person near you ask them to keep an eye open.
    Melody

12. foofoogal

Just saw this but great info.

13. Lucybelle

Lucybelle Registered Guest

If you are looking for a new dressmaker form, like a Wolf, but at a more affordable price check out PGM at (link removed by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016