1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

I found a mustard colored coat and dress combo from the 60's, but I can't find any information on the label. Marie Phillips Original, was this an actual designer, or just a company name? What time period were the fashions made? Thanks for the help :D

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I am pretty sure that was a company.

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

HERE is trademark information about your label. Note that the mark is described as "fanciful", so there was no designer named Marie Phillips for the company.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

HERE is an obit for a woman whose family apparently owened Marie Phillips Inc.

HERE is another that says her husband's family owned the company, and HERE is one for her husband.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  5. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

Thank you so much for the information:USETHUMBUP:

6. Matt Vallier

Matt Vallier Registered Guest

Hi! I just stumbled on this thread looking for more information on my family. My Grandfather's family (Carmella "Minnie" Pricone and Frank Rametta) owned the Marie Philips dress Company in Hartford CT and the whole family worked there. I even have my grandfather's shears that he used to cut large bolts of fabric. To my understanding they both designed and manufactured their own designs to Paris, London and New York but I'm still looking for more information on them.