1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mud-covered jeans selling for $425 at Nordstrom

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by lkranieri, Apr 25, 2017.

1. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Oh my...

Code:
    http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/2017/04/25/fashion-mud-covered-jeans-selling-for-425-at-nordstrom/

cmpollack likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

WOW - not that I didn't trust you, but I googled it to make sure it wasn't fake news! lol

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

More money than brains...honestly something is amiss with some people!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

If all publicity is good publicity - this is good for Nordstrom because it's going viral FAST. It's almost as if they were making a joke about carrying the shredded jeans look one step further. This pair of "Shredded Boyfriend Jeans" is selling at another online company for $595. They have "deconstructed appeal."

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 3.22.21 PM.png

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

7. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Chris, the "Yeezy season 3 sweater" on eBay is from Kanye West's "fashion" line - not fashion IMO, but goes for big bucks due to the name attached. Similarly, Rihanna's Fenty Puma is mostly incomprehensible to me.

8. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

Now that is even worse to me. Worse then when kanye and Kim were on cover of vogue.....

9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

ha ha. They need to dip into my hamper. During gardening season, we have some juicy fashion statements in there. lol

AnnetteMFP likes this.
  10. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Linda--too bad you didn't sell your jeans instead of washing them. You could have reimbursed yourself for the new pergola... :USING:

And... your farmer's jacket is amazing! And please keep us posted on the indigo crop this year. I read a bunch a few months ago about efforts to establish sericulture (silkworm farms) in New England in the 19th century--fascinating...

11. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm confused. Is it real mud, that will wash out? Or is it a fake perma-mud finish?

Either way it's nuts.

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  12. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

Fake mud. It makes my husband mad who comes home from work with mush and beat up pants. He says it pretetious

13. Midge

Pretentious is the word. I am totally out of fashion when it comes to jeans. I don't want them washed-out or ripped. Indigo please - the darker, the better.

14. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Shake My Head!

15. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

16. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I give up...................

17. Midge

18. Midge