1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Vintage Sneaker Collection!! Niketown USA!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Alexander, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Alexander

Alexander Guest

So my name is Alex and I am new to this forum. Anyways, what I mostly collect is shoes, with a specialization in vintage sneakers. Not half of the vtg collection as most of it is hosted on a forum where the pictures can only be posted on that particular forum, but thought I'd post what I can. Most of my vintage shoes are from the late 80's and early 90's. Nike just doesn't make em like they used to. Enjoy!

The Collection
    [​IMG]
    My Top 9
    [​IMG]
    The Forces
    [​IMG]
    Random
    [​IMG]

One of the few Wearable Command Forces you’ll ever see. When these shoes came out back in 1991 retail was $200 even then.
    [​IMG]

Ultra Force
    [​IMG]

Air Force V’s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Air Force VI’s
    [​IMG]

2. MissRita

MissRita Guest

Very, very cool Alex, thanks for sharing.

Damn, I was part of that Nike generation in the 80s and never in a million yrs would I have thought sneakers would be so collectible today. I've seen their values into the 1000s for rare pairs. Crap, thinking of all the pairs I could have bought. So who knew? :duh2:

What do you think your collection is worth Alex? Do you have all their original boxes? Not that I think you'd ever part with them but you should consider insurance if you haven't already.

3. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

What a neat collection Alex! It's great to have a go-to person on board for when we have Nike questions (and I'll definitely be taking a closer look at them from now on when I shop, lol).

4. Alexander

Alexander Guest

That's a tough question, but I am an avid eBay seller and sell mostly shoes so I can tell you that when I come across sneakers such as mine I would say individually these shoes would range from $75 on the low all the way to $500. I've personally only paid as much as $200 on an individual shoe, but I have sold multiple pair for $500. I once found a woman in Milwaukee who was clearing out the old family business and she sold me many shoes at $20 each. In college I made many trips to buy from her and made a nice suplimentery income selling on eBay.

5. MissRita

MissRita Guest

Good for you Alex, you were ahead of the game on this genre that's for sure. It looks like you have a large collection and if you're not planning on selling them I'd consider insuring it. The insurance co will get a laugh until they see what vintage Nike actually sells for! Lucky you to have found that woman in Milwaukee. Holy, $20 a pair, what a deal and brand new in their boxes no less! I still can't believe the market for them, great eyes Alex!

When I was teen, we begged Ma for our Nikes. All the kids had the swoosh on their sneakers or else you were considered poor or uncouth. Amazing really when you see the progress that company has made in only a few decades.