need a vintage brass zip for a current project

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Better Dresses Vintage, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Better Dresses Vintage

Better Dresses Vintage Trade Member

Hi -

I need a 6" or shorter brass zipper of light to medium weight, and preferably with one of those small circular dangly pulls at the end (or similar), in black, dark brown, or dark gray. It's to be inserted into a muff I'm making to close a pocket.

I found dark-brown 6" brass zip on eBay, but it's got a 'regular' pull and I'm hoping for something more authentic looking.

Anyone have a disintegrating/unsalvageable vintage purse with an interior or exterior zipper I could use for parts?

Thanks!

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

Hi Liza! I will take a look around, I have a number of old purses like that from the 30 and 40s. I have an old seal muff with an inside zip. I will take a look later.

Plus I just wanted to say "HI"!!!:hiya:

3. Better Dresses Vintage

Thanks, Barbara! And "hi!"

4. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Trade Member

5. Better Dresses Vintage

Turns out you can find them on Etsy, from China. Probably not 100% cotton, but that's OK, since it's more of a Victorian than Edwardian muff, and of course there were no zippers on muffs back then, anyway. But I want it secure to hold my phone and ID and key, so it's getting a zipper! : ) It's brass and has the dangly bit, so that's the "important part."

FYI, the listings are for lots of 5 zippers, but they will sell you just 1 and refund the difference. Very friendly.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.