1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help identifying vintage ladies gloves

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Billie lupton, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Billie lupton

Billie lupton Registered Guest

I am trying to find out what brand and year they are. I got them off my mother in the early 1930s , and I do not recognise the logo . Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Lovely detailing there. It is hard to read the logo, can you take a couple of different photos of it please? try from other angles, in more light, and in shade. Sometimes just the right setting helps to reveal it in a photo.
    It would help to know what country your mother might have got these from, as we are each familiar typically with those from our home country. (Dents, in England, for example, for which that is not their logo, so that's one less!)

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Before I focused on the center logo, I thought the word above it looked German, because it appeared to end in something like "...lugen" or "...lingen" or something like that. After concentrating on the center logo, though, I think it looks like pretty much like this German eagle logo, doesn't it?:
    IMG_6405.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. Lynne, I think you have figured this one out. It sure does look like this German eagle logo.

5. Billie lupton

Billie lupton Registered Guest

yes i am from england and this is where i got them . I thought the german military logo as well , unfortunately the logo is very faded

6. It does look like a German eagle, but the bird is not symmetrical, perhaps it's on an angle, facing right.

The letters underneath look like they might be Hebrew: a company owned by German jews perhaps?

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I tried to play with the image a bit, but didn't get much further... it looks like the name seems to end on "lingen" like Lynne said.
    IMG_20170402_084628.jpg